Power Quote For Success
"Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun and one's feet moving forward." - Nelson Mandela
Cultivating Optimism In 7 Steps
What is an example of an optimistic person? An example of an optimistic person chooses to believe that "there is always tomorrow." This will lead them to have more opportunities. They also focus on what they have, such as "the glass is half full."
Increase your optimism today by taking action on 1, 2, or all the tips below. Remember, tomorrow's success depends on what you do today – every day.
Add these to your daily plans.
- Acknowledge Temporality: Understand that all challenges are temporary and ever-changing.
- Evaluate Your Thoughts: Make a list of reasons for your negative outlook. For each reason, determine if it's based on reality or imagination. Find solutions for real issues and question the imagined ones.
- Seek Support: Engage with trusted friends or family. Their perspectives can help you navigate through your worries.
- Shift Perspective: Remind yourself of the potential for positive change rather than focusing on pessimistic views. For instance, they see challenges as opportunities for moral growth.
- Use Positive Affirmations: Counteract feelings of despair with uplifting self-talk, emphasizing hope and resilience.
- Address Root Emotions: Identify if feelings of fear or hatred drive your pessimism and work towards addressing and overcoming them.
- Engage in Distractions: Whenever negativity looms, divert your attention with activities that uplift your spirit, and always place disheartening news in a broader, more balanced context.
Laugh and Feel Good Today
Optimists and pessimists rode a bus together when the optimists got hungry.
"Let's stop at the next restaurant," said the optimist. "Then we can take the next bus and continue our journey."
"I don't think that's a good idea," said the pessimist. "It could cause something bad to happen."
"Or it could cause something good to happen," replied the optimist, "and besides, I'm hungry!"
So the two of them left the bus and went into the restaurant.
While they were eating, a news report came on the TV.
"A bus was crushed in an avalanche fifteen minutes ago," said the reporter.
"Everyone on the bus was killed." The optimist and the pessimist recognized the bus as the one they had gotten off.
"See?" said the optimist. "I told you something good would happen if we got off the bus!"
"Good?" sputtered the pessimist. "If the bus hadn't stopped to let us off, it might have missed the avalanche!"
Boost your impact! Share this post with family, friends, and co-workers using the social media icon below. They'll value your recommendation!